Senior Game Developer
Voodoo's Gaming business unit is made up of hyper-casual, hybrid-casual, casual, mid-core and blockchain experts. Our 'Core' games team supports internal and external studios worldwide in creating, developing and launching new hit games, whilst our 'Live' games team focuses on delivering higher engagement on our existing and successful games.
You will have the opportunity to be one of the first members of Reptom, the first studio established with Voodoo’s full support in Turkey, and join the newly created small, passionate team focusing on creating and testing new hyper casual game prototypes. On day zero, we aim to create a team with two wonderfully talented developers and an artist and enable them to start prototyping right away to find the next big hit. When joining Reptom and Voodoo, you will have a strong impact on the business and a unique opportunity to reach hundreds of millions of users. You will frequently engage with stakeholders from Voodoo’s ecosystem and become part of a "best-in-class" international team who are committed to contributing to the success of Reptom. You will take an innovative approach to gameplay ideas and features and give them your own spin. This is a high-ownership function in an agile studio where decisions are made collaboratively in a flat management structure.
- Create intuitive mobile games in a very fast-paced iterative process
- Develop an efficient pipeline, rapidly create prototypes (<1 week), and test them with the artist you’re paired with
- Generate new ideas for” game features
- Versatility to work on all aspects of the game (e.g. gameplay, features, menus, platform specifics)
- Know when to persevere and when to pivot to new ideas
- Being humble and motivated enough to kill prototypes
- Ability to deconstruct and analyze mobile games mechanics
- Write robust code to be used by millions of users
With this role, you will have a strong impact on the company by contributing daily to important decisions with a multidisciplinary team of passionate people that constantly seek for success. Flesh out the details of a game's design, oversee its testing, and revise the game in response to player feedback. With your creativity and your teamwork, we will create the next hit game and entertain millions of people.
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience as a Unity game developer in hyper-casual
- Ability to create games from scratch and iterate with Unity
- Interested in hyper-casual and passionate about finding trends, gameplay, and game mechanics
- Knowledge about game design including game mechanics, level design, and UI/UX
- Experience with balancing game systems (e.g. difficulty, reward, monetization)
- Experience in working with a publisher
- Ability to accept failure as a part of the process and refine wisely
- Creative and hacker mindset with a strong sense of ownership
- Good sense of gameplay experience for a mass audience and special attention to details
- Able to work quickly and efficiently
- A good level of English (both writing and speaking)
Competitive salary, lunch vouchers, wellness activities, healthcare, unlimited vacation policy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Entertain the world