This job is no longer accepting applications.
Come work for a gaming startup that's building a community platform for gamers and the content they love whether it’s livestreaming, video clips, fanart, or discussions.
Make an actual difference within the games industry through Game Jolt, a global company based in Seattle, WA but operates remotely across 7 different time zones.
Join us in building Game Jolt into THE biggest social community for video games and the creative people who love them.
Who we're looking for Data Scientist (and analyst) that can perform:
- Statistical analysis: Identify patterns in data. This includes having a keen sense of pattern detection and anomaly detection via applied mathematics, or related discipline.
- Machine learning: Implement algorithms and statistical models to enable a computer to automatically learn from data.
- Computer science: Apply the principles of artificial intelligence, database systems, human/computer interaction, numerical analysis, and software engineering.
- Programming: Write computer programs and analyze large datasets to uncover answers to complex problems. Be comfortable writing code working in a variety of languages such as Java, R, Python, and SQL. Build tools to sift through and automate data collection.
- Data storytelling: Communicate actionable insights using data, for both technical and non-technical audiences. Create dashboards for all stakeholders.
- Business intuition: Connect with stakeholders to gain a full understanding of the problems we're looking to solve.
- Analytical thinking. Find analytical solutions to abstract business issues.
- Critical thinking: Apply objective analysis of facts before coming to a conclusion.
- Inquisitiveness: Look beyond what’s on the surface to discover patterns and solutions within the data.
- Interpersonal skills: Communicate across a diverse audience across all levels of an organization.
Full-time, 100% remote position that reports directly to the CTO and works closely with the CEO.
It's okay if you've never heard of Game Jolt before, but we expect you to get familiar with the site + app and become a regular user to better understand our userbase.
Let's do this!
About Game Jolt
Game Jolt is the community platform for millions of gamers and the content they love. With over 40,000 UGC communities for top AAA games like Minecraft and Pokémon to emerging franchises like Undertale and Among Us. Focusing on Gen Z and Alpha, Game Jolt houses hundreds of thousands of creators from all corners of the world--ranging from influencers with millions of followers to studios with millions of dollars in revenue.
Please submit your resumes in English
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Gaming is better together