Content Creator & Social Media Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Come work for a global gaming startup that's building a community platform for gamers and the content they love whether it’s livestreaming, video clips, fanart, or discussions.
We are looking for a highly organized, motivated self-starter who is able to navigate periods of ambiguity and thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
Our focus is to grow sign-ups and have our users return frequently back to Game Jolt. With that in mind, we're looking for someone that's always thinking about the big picture in order to make daily decisions on our social channels that are aligned with our overall marketing and growth strategies.
We've poured our blood, sweat, and tears into building one of the largest, friendliest, and loving communities of people who love video games. If you're a witty content creator who loves video games and is plugged into internet culture with a fascination with Gen-Z trends, we'd like to meet you!
What you'll be doing
- Manage and own all of Game Jolt's social channels including but not limited to Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Discord, Twitch, YouTube, Reddit and Game Jolt.
- Ensure that the social media marketing strategy ladders up to the business’ overall objectives of increasing sign-ups and retention of new users.
- Produce and propose promotional campaigns around Game Jolt's events and announcements. (e.g. digital events for our communities, product launches, rebrands, awareness campaigns, contests, etc.) Get approval from the Director of Marketing and the Director of Events as necessary.
- Be comfortable conveying our brand's message in either a short-form 140-character tweet or a 500-word snappy and engaging blog post.
- Skilled at "tactful newsjacking," meaning the ability to (tactfully) capitalize on a news story, trend, or hashtag.
- Create and/or curate content (livestream, write copy, design and modify graphics, create and edit videos, promote UGC content, and contribute to editorial content)
- Identify real-time marketing opportunities for creating posts by keeping track of the games industry, news, pop culture, hashtags, branded keywords and current events from memes to trends.
- Support influencer marketing efforts by identifying and selecting influencers, reposting content, and engaging with influencer posts.
- Schedule and manage all posts on a social media strategy calendar.
- Analyze per-post performance and draw actionable insights.
- Reply to comments and messages on social media, looping in the support and engineering teams as necessary.
- Research, understand and be aware of cultural sensitivities.
- Spot spelling or grammar errors before hitting “send” on a post.
- Detect brand safety issues, mitigate social media crises calmly and diplomatically.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English (no spelling/grammar mistakes)
- Ability to create professional promotional videos, animation and artwork
- Proficient in Photoshop or any other design software
- Basic Microsoft Office or Google G suite skills
This is a 100% remote, full-time position reporting to the Director of Marketing.
It's okay if you've never heard of Game Jolt before, but we expect you to get familiar with the site + app and become a regular user to better understand our userbase.
About Game Jolt
Game Jolt is the community platform for millions of gamers and the content they love. With over 40,000 UGC communities for top AAA games like Minecraft and Pokémon to emerging franchises like Undertale and Among Us. Focusing on Gen Z and Alpha, Game Jolt houses hundreds of thousands of creators from all corners of the world--ranging from influencers with millions of followers to studios with millions of dollars in revenue.
Don't forget to submit an English copy of your resume :)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Gaming is better together