Senior Game Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will join a highly functioning team comprised of a combination of full time and part-time professionals. If you can demonstrate success then you will have a chance to work across multiple products of increasing power and complexity.
- As part of a team, deliver complete mobile games and game prototypes.
- Work with the Creative Art Director to distill the creative direction into functional designs
- Design new game features and systems
- Drive design team by fostering creativity, momentum, quality and excitement.
- Conceptualize, pitch and iterate on designs with the design team.
- Actively debate design concepts, systems and mechanics with the design team.
- Implement designs and concepts using in-house tools within time frames provided.
- Work with other team members to bring designs to life.
- Demonstrate proven design practices and mentor junior designers.
- Refine gameplay above and beyond expectations to execution excellence.
- Collaborate daily with other team members across the full game development lifecycle.
Technical Skill and Experience Requirements:
- 3+ Years experience as a game designer OR 3+ shipped titles in a role that designed and drove feature development
- Ability to conceptualize design ideas and communicate those ideas to the team.
- Extensive content and systems design experience. Ideally someone who has creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery.
- Ability to conceptualize original game mechanics and level settings and push them through to completion.
- Ability to dissect level and game design in recent games (discuss what you like/don’t like).
- Strong documentation skills (show your organizational skills through your design docs).
- Familiar with and/or have experience with Agile development under the SCRUM methodology.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Background in mobile games and/or hyper casual games.
- Eye for detail.
Keys to Success
- Demonstrated ability to brutally prioritize. Be prepared to give examples of critically important projects you didn’t get done in favor of even more important projects. What criteria did you use to make your decision?
- Team player willing to take direction, yet with the initiative to identify and act on matters without waiting for direction. This one is really important.
- Genuinely excited about games, have a strong interest in learning & using the latest tools, and constantly want to learn new things.
- Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where opportunities are many times of your own making.
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
- Strong communication skills, both with technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and embrace best practices, like version control, code reviews, documentation and workflow management tools.
Your application has been successfully submitted.