Mid Game Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Game Developer, you will join a highly functioning team comprised of a combination of full time and part-time professionals. If you can demonstrate success then you will have a chance to work across multiple products of increasing power and complexity.
- As part of a team, deliver complete mobile games and game prototypes under the control and direction of senior developers and team lead.
- Follow the guidelines to write, test, maintain and document re-usable code.
- Maintain and update active games including bug fixes and new feature developments.
- Participate fully in code reviews and work with internal designers, developers and QA to ensure quality code.
- Collaborate daily with other team members across the full game development lifecycle.
Technical Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Software development fundamentals, including testing, troubleshooting and using version control (we use GitHub and equivalent services).
- 1+ years of professional development experience with Unity 3D Game Engine.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Familiar with and/or have experience with Agile development under the SCRUM methodology.
- Demonstrated achievement in mobile games development (portfolio required).
- Ability to create component-based reusable and testable modules and components.
- Experience using and integrating 3rd party services (such as analytics, mediation, monetization services)
- Background in hyper casual games development.
- Experience in dynamic mesh modification, shader development, procedural mesh generation, procedural level generation.
- Ability to write unit tests using BDD or TDD.
- Eye for detail.
- Understanding of one or more of these: databases, web services, APIs, online multiplayer game development concepts.
Keys to Success
- Demonstrated ability to brutally prioritize. Be prepared to give examples of critically important projects you didn’t get done in favor of even more important projects. What criteria did you use to make your decision?
- Team player willing to take direction, yet with the initiative to identify and act on matters without waiting for direction. This one is really important.
- Genuinely excited about games, have a strong interest in learning & using the latest tools, and constantly want to learn new things.
- Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where opportunities are many times of your own making.
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
- Strong communication skills, both with technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and embrace best practices, like version control, code reviews, documentation and workflow management tools.
Your application has been successfully submitted.