This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gamecan is on the lookout for a talented Game Designer who possesses great attention to detail, has passion and brings fun to gaming. This is a full-time permanent position in Pärnu, Estonia, starting remote as a test period.
As a Game Designer at Gamecan you will use your creativity to design games for a range of devices and platforms that engage and capture the imagination and spark joy within people around the globe.
YOUR OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
- Working with the CTO and developing the best possible solutions and game design for the development of our games.
- Working with Unreal Engine 4+5, Confluence, P4V, and other suitable tools.
- Dressing and optimization of levels, with the ability to analyze gameplay and consistency issues.
- Mechanic and feature design.
- Game balancing.
- Assessing the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team.
- Mentoring other members of the Design team, helping them to improve and grow.
- Creating a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation.
- High communicating skills and collaborating skills.
- Understanding the games market and applying that to game design.
- Teamwork: you know how to listen, communicate, mitigate and work together with a team of various job experts
- You have a strong knowledge of the industry, and leverage competition’s best practices.
- You are aware of the new gaming trends, news models, and know how to include these references in your design thinking
- You have a player-centric approach.
- You are proactive in identifying problems and finding solutions. You are autonomous in working in a cell with your team
- A good level of fluent English is required
- You have relevant experience in a Game Design position.
- You worked as a Game designer within complex design systems (progression, economy, activities, game modes).
- A significant experience on a multiplayer game or GaaS is highly recommended.
WHY WORK AT GAMECAN?
- The office is in a new development right in the center of Pärnu, providing a sub 15min commute and proximity to all the stores and restaurants.
- Adjustable desks – stand, sit, squat or hang from the ceiling!
- Powerful desktop machines to work on – the PC waits for you, not the other way around.
- 1Gbit/s internet speed in the office, typically 300Mb/s at home.
- We are crazy about taking time off with new and old video games, a day at the spa, sauna, or the beach (yes, Pärnu has a kickass beach!). A rested developer is a happy developer!
- The team is phenomenal – nearly 50 people who are amazing to each other.
- The living costs in Pärnu are extra low. Even the most expensive apartments in the center have their rent of around 400-500€ per month. A 2-bedroom flat 10min from the office is around 300€ per month.
- The living environment is probably one of the best in the region. Check it out yourself: https://youtu.be/V9FkzRMihUk
- We work in a nurturing company culture where personal growth is highly valued. Your professional skills will also get buffed at the speed of light.
- We deal with the relocation and make sure it's as smooth as possible.
To apply, email email@example.com with your LinkedIn URL, portfolio URL and a few sentences about why you'd like to work with us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.