Gamecan is on the lookout for a talented Material Artist. This is a full-time permanent position in Pärnu, Estonia, starting remote as a test period.
As a Material Artist you will take part in the production of our games by creating, adapting, or implementing assets or environments elements.
YOUR OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
- Setting up and maintaining our Texture Atlases and related pipelines.
- Collaborating with 3D artists and designers to understand the content needs of the game.
- Working closely with the key contributors to produce our material libraries.
- Creating visually stunning textures and materials for a physically-based render pipeline.
- Working with Engineering and Technical Artists to ensure our materials are performant.
- Impressive Portfolio
- Experience as a Material Artist in a game development studio
- Proficiency in software such as Substance Painter / Designer and Photoshop
- Strong understanding of UE4 shader material pipeline/setup
- Attention to detail for both aesthetic and technical quality.
- Ability to balance quality standards and game performance
- Ability to work well with a team and solve problems actively
- Good communication skills and a sense of responsibility
WHY WORK AT GAMECAN?
- The office is in a new development right in the center of Pärnu, providing a sub 15min commute and proximity to all the stores and restaurants.
- Adjustable desks – stand, sit, squat or hang from the ceiling!
- Powerful desktop machines to work on – the PC waits for you, not the other way around.
- 1Gbit/s internet speed in the office, typically 300Mb/s at home.
- We are crazy about taking time off with new and old video games, a day at the spa, sauna, or the beach (yes, Pärnu has a kickass beach!). A rested developer is a happy developer!
- The team is phenomenal – nearly 50 people who are amazing to each other.
- The living costs in Pärnu are extra low. Even the most expensive apartments in the center have their rent around 400-500€ per month. A 2-bedroom flat 10min from the office is around 300€ per month.
- The living environment is probably one of the best in the region. Check it out yourself: https://youtu.be/V9FkzRMihUk
- We work in a nurturing company culture where personal growth is highly valued. Your professional skills will also get buffed at the speed of light.
- We deal with the relocation and make sure it's as smooth as possible.
To apply, email email@example.com with your LinkedIn URL, portfolio URL and a few sentences about why you'd like to work with us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.