This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gamecan is on the lookout for a talented Art Director who possesses great attention to detail and a passion. This is a full-time permanent position in Pärnu, Estonia, starting remote as a test period.
As Art Director you will set direction and create the visual style of all our games and translate your vision to artistic assets. You’ll work together with VFX, Material artist, UI/UX Specialist, and closely with our producers and other leads. You get inspired by everything around you which makes you a visionary where the whole team gets motivated, inspired, and feels supported.
YOUR OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
- Providing artistic leadership and lead the team to drive the overall vision of the project.
- Being a mentor for the artists and coach them.
- Building a learning environment within the art team and implement processes of artistic research.
- Nourishing the artistic vision by looking for sources of inspiration within and outside of the video game industry.
- Participating in overseeing the cohesiveness of all visual elements: models, characters, atmosphere, environments etc.
- Following the work of the art team and ensuring they reach the expected artistic quality.
- Contributing to the art pipeline definition and developing milestones for the art team.
- Participating in leadership training.
- At least 5 years of game art production experience, including 2 years of successful experience in art quality assurance
- A thorough understanding of art outsourcing pipelines, capacities, and technical constraints related to Unreal Engine 4+5.
- Strong ability in writing documentation and apply it in art production.
- Proven proficiency in current 2D and 3D applications including 3Ds Max, Zbrush, Photoshop.
- Strong prioritization and multitasking abilities
- Passion for art and willingness to learn new workflows and share knowledge
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication (oral and written in English) and collaboration skills
WHY WORK AT GAMECAN?
- The office is in a new development right in the center of Pärnu, providing a sub 15min commute and proximity to all the stores and restaurants.
- Adjustable desks – stand, sit, squat or hang from the ceiling!
- Powerful desktop machines to work on – the PC waits for you, not the other way around.
- 1Gbit/s internet speed in the office, typically 300Mb/s at home.
- We are crazy about taking time off with new and old video games, a day at the spa, sauna, or the beach (yes, Pärnu has a kickass beach!). A rested developer is a happy developer!
- The team is phenomenal – nearly 50 people who are amazing to each other.
- The living costs in Pärnu are extra low. Even the most expensive apartments in the center have their rent around 400-500€ per month. A 2-bedroom flat 10min from the office is around 300€ per month.
- The living environment is probably one of the best in the region. Check it out yourself: https://youtu.be/V9FkzRMihUk
- We work in a nurturing company culture where personal growth is highly valued. Your professional skills will also get buffed at the speed of light.
- We deal with the relocation and make sure it's as smooth as possible.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your LinkedIn URL, portfolio URL and a few sentences about why you'd like to work with us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.